10/31/21 2- 4 pm
11/14/21 2-4 pm
12 Hours per week $11.25 per hour. Sales associate will report to Garden Shop Sales Manager Regina Hampton. Position will be evaluated in six (6) months. If interested please contact Mary Noskin, 2021 Council President, firstname.lastname@example.org. Needed Skills:
- Customer Service: interact with customers, assist them in the purchasing process- create a welcoming atmosphere – Suggest new items. Resolve customer complaints in a timely and friendly manner.
- Time Management – This skill involves managing several jobs duties while providing timely service to customers. These might include receiving orders, restocking product.
- Communication Skills – Good verbal communication skills necessary to build customer loyalty by proactively assisting customers
- Marketing Skills- Have a mindset that allows for fun product displays that generates interest from customers. Build a customer database. Arrange clearance items to appeal to customers. Arrange for special days in the Garden Shop.
- Data Entry – Working the point of sale to process transactions.
- Accounting Skills – This involves basic accounting functions
- Computer Skills: checking inventory records – inputting inventory
- Schedule – Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Ordering – Monitoring merchandise – submit orders. Recommends changes in products based on evaluation.
Dreaming of next year’s garden? We have beautiful bulbs for you to plant now and seeds to inspire your garden next year! We have an amazing selection of gardening books for sale, many ideas for Southwest gardening, foraging, or just identifying what you see on the trail. We have tools and gifts for the gardener, as well as Holiday items that have just come in such as Talavera ornaments. All purchases support the Council of Albuquerque Garden Clubs educational gardens & programs and are tax free. Hope to see you soon